explorer crashes when using locator on android

03-12-2020 08:51 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some of our android tablets crash when we use the locate/zoom to me button in explorer. I can zoom around, but once I touch that button, it crashes.

It would be this button on the Android tablet.

We use the map to show assets (a dynamic query layer) and launch (and pass data from the query layer) into Survey123.  The tablets affected are all tab A 7" running 5.1.1. It ran fine until last week (3/6/2020).  I tried the beta version to and it is also doing the same thing. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bueller?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Michael Mordini‌,

Hopes things are going well for you during these difficult times. I'm sorry you're having this issue with Explorer.

Some questions to get started.. Does this issue occur on every map with the affected devices? Does this happen on any other devices or just the tab A 7" running 5.1.1? Can you reproduce with our latest Beta that was made available last Friday? Explorer for ArcGIS Beta - Apps on Google Play Are you using any of the other apps on these devices, specifically Navigator or Collector?

Feel free to email me back at jwhitney@esri.com and we can discuss further

Joel

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The tablets affected are all Samsung tab A 7" running 5.1.1 (lolipop).  Yes it happened again today after a new installation of Beta. It is uses other apps (Survey123, Collector, Collector classic).  All Maps crash when I use the locator.  I just got done doing a factory reset followed by a reinstall of all the Applications that we use, No change in the usability of the App.  I am guessing that the answer is that 5.1.1 is not going to be supported by the newer apps.  Collector has a similar issue but Collector classic is fine.  Meanwhile, I have sent my guys out with a newer Android tablet (7.0) and it was running fine.  We happen to have limited tablets right now (surprise, surprise) and are stretched thin (I am at least one short)...hence why I came back to this post...

0 Kudos