My extrusion tab is grayed out, why?

03-06-2020 10:00 AM
JackMorgan
New Contributor

I'm trying to make a Fantasy Map type of project in my science class, I've gotten the feature layer into pro, but my extrusion tab is grayed out for some reason. I read on another forum that I had to be in scene, but I have no idea how to get into scene. What my final goal is, is to make my drawing of my map to extrude off the base map making it 3screenshotD.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jack,

You screenshot shows that you have a 2D map that is currently active. To get into the scene view, go to the View tab > hit the Convert button and choose either a local scene (projected coordinate system) or a global scene (geographic coordinate system). 

Convert a map to a scene—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  

Then grab the layer you want to extrude and move it to the 3D layers group on the Contents pane. This should enable extrusion for it.  

hope this helps! 

RobertGurrieri
New Contributor II

Had this same question, and wanted to add one more note.

Click the "Type" dropdown (next to those disabled extrusion fields).  The type is "none" by default, the fields will be disabled until you pick one of the other two options.

Rob

p.s.

Also, when you set the type, it will automatically move it to the 3D layers group (if it was under 2D).

0 Kudos