Overzoom on MMPK

03-05-2020 09:42 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I've created a MMPK file that uses a VTPK where the most detailed level cached is 1:5000 scale. I've then download to a device and loaded up within Explorer.  Will I only ever be able to zoom in on that MMPK to 1:5000 scale or should it be possible to go beyond that scale (not sure if the phrase overzoom is the correct one here but it sort of sounds right) even though I'm not getting any increased detail from the VTPK?

From what I can tell if I have a vector tile service as part of an online/dynamic map I do seem to be able to go beyond the largest scale that it is cached at. So just wondering if the same is theoretically possible with MMPK and if so is this handled in the VTPK creation side of things, the MMPK creation or both?!

Thanks

Gareth

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

As you have noted the application is limiting is zoom range to the Visible extent of the layer (vtpk) in your map.  For the MMPK you can get around this by using a basemap and adding a layer to the basemap that is visible at all scales.

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

... also another option would be to manually edit the .VTPK

unzip the archive

In the Level of Detail section, for the highest level of detail, set the scale as desired ex. "0.01"

Then zip the Archive back up. I use 7 zip with the following settings, rename to .vtpk

This will allow you to zoom to the scale specified.

Mark

LeePowell
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

I had this basemap solution working for a customer about 6 months ago and having revisited the workflow, the basemap seems to be disappearing again. Are there are any changes in the latest Field Maps that could be affecting this?

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos