Search Widget not able to locate with UTM cordinates

03-01-2020 12:33 AM
vinodkumarborkar
New Contributor

I am trying to use Search widget with ArcGIS Online and Configure with default Esri World Geocoder Service but when simply searching with UTM coordinates is not locating correctly , some location not responding or locating wrong locations ,

I am Able to search with -13046165.572, 4036389.847 : 102100 format with entering WKID with XY. using this I can Locates by XY .

But I am looking for simple Search like only Entering XY like  -13046165.572, 4036389.847 , We have to locates and reach to location , because all user are not able to enter WKID .

So please suggest any solution for search with only XY UTM condinates,

Or any development required please suggest

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichelleBrake
New Contributor III

vinodkumar borkar‌ I would recommend posting your question in either the ArcGIS Online‌ or Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS‌ communities. You may be able to get more eyes on your question and possibly an answer there. This group is for the product Admin Tools by GEO Jobe. 

I took a look at it though and it appears that if you use lat/long or ddmmss formats for your search you'll be able to get results. When using the coordinates from the search widget documentation, it appears to need the WKID for context. While the documentation lists that UTM is an acceptable format I was unable to have success using various coordinates. It may be worth reaching out to Esri Support or seeing if there is a bug for this functionality. 

-Michelle

geojobe.com

0 Kudos