Extract roof form tool-error

02-26-2020 01:37 AM
ArshaAmiranti
New Contributor II

Hallo,

I'm using extract roof tool from local government 3D basemaps. During task segment roof, the option for building footprints turn error (have red cross) after I added the elevation surface (DSM).

The error:

ValueError could not convert string to float: '0,200000'

I changed several times the building polygon with others but it didn't work.

I wonder what's the cause is. Could you please help?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I am the developer of the 3D basemap solution. I have a few questions to try and figure out what is going on with your data.

- Which parameter in the Segment Roof Parts gives this error? It seems it is the building footprint parameter. This should be a path to a building footprint featureclass.

- Does it also fail with the sample data?

Regards Gert

0 Kudos
ArshaAmiranti
New Contributor II

Halo Gert,

Thank you for your response. Here are the answers:

1. The parameter that gives error is Building Footprints parameter. The input already in feature class and I store it inside LocalGovernmentsScene.gdb. Error shows up after I defined which DSM file that I'm going to use.

The same error message as I attached previously.

2. Yes. it is also fail with the sample data.

Best regards,

Arsha

0 Kudos
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Arsha,

I believe there is an issue with the validation code of this tool.

Could you please test the following?

1. make a copy of your current LOD2Buildings.tbx

2. download the LOD2Buildings.tbx here:

3. replace the old toolbox with the new one

4. load the solution project

See if this solves the problem.

Gert

0 Kudos
ArshaAmiranti
New Contributor II

Hi Gert,

I replaced the old toolbox with the latest toolbox you sent me. It still didn't work and give the same error. Does that related with the size of cellsize that I made when generating DSM, nDSM, DTM? Because I generate DSM with cell size under 1m: 0,2m and also tried with 0,5m it gives the same error as well.

Best,

Arsha

0 Kudos
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Arsha,

No the issue has to do with the “,”. It thinks the number is a string due to the comma and that is what I am trying to fix.

My system has decimal points and it is harder to test so I need to simulate this.

Gert

0 Kudos
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Arsha,

I made some more changes to the toolbox validation code.

Could you please test again?

1. download the LOD2Buildings.tbx here:

2. replace the old toolbox with the new one

3. load the solution project

4. right-click on the toolbox and click refresh

Let me know how you go.

Gert

0 Kudos
ArshaAmiranti
New Contributor II

Hi Gert,

Indeed the toolbox is not return any issue when I added my 0,2m DSM and building polygon.

But I received an error when I run the tool: 

000576: Script associated with this tool does not exist.

This might be caused by how I put the toolbox and run the toolbox itself. Could you check from the screenshot whether I copied it correctly?

Best regards,

Arsha

0 Kudos
DavidHintner1
New Contributor

Hi, @Gert_van_Maren 

I am also getting error messages from the tool, saying that my tool is not licensed and that I have invalid parameters (I left all the parameters at standard) ...although I have 3D Analyst Extention and Spatial Analyst Extention...that´s all I need right? The roof form extraction tool also worked fine...also there is a error in file name...can someone pls help...in  the photos you see the details...

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Gertvan_Maren1
New Contributor III

Hi David,

The 3D basemaps solution requires an Advanced license of ArcGIS Pro plus 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst. Do you have an Advanced license?

Thanks Gert

0 Kudos