Fields and data not showing in standalone table on ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
02-21-2020 01:27 PM
DanielSulak
New Contributor II

I have a Standalone Table that has a relationship class to a feature layer. None of the data or fields are showing when I try to view the table. The total number of records is still shown in the lower left, and I can select records by using "Select Layer By Attibute", for example, but I cannot see the selected records. The table view is below. Many options are greyed out, but notice I do have some records selected and the selection tools are available.

• If I try to look at the Fields View I get "An error was encountered loading fields."
  • This layer is stored online and is used heavily with collector. All seems to be normal both in AGOL and Collector.
  • I believe this is the first time I'm trying to look at this on ArcPro since updating to 2.5.
  • I have tried removing and re-adding the feature layer with the related table. I also tried loading the layer into a new blank project and had the same behavior.

Thanks to anyone who may have some insight!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

check out the field length of some of the fields - 

I wonder if that's a clue?

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

10$ says you got a special character or text string in there that's causing this. Can you post the data to this thread as a spreadsheet?

DanielSulak
New Contributor II

I don't see any way to post a spreadsheet on the thread. The data are about 6,000 records with 15 fields, so I cannot easily post a screen shot or anything like that. You're saying a special character or string somewhere in that table could cause all the data to not display? This is a new problem, so I may be able to check all the recently created records.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are you able to make a copy of your feature service and make it pubic?

0 Kudos
DanielSulak
New Contributor II

Hello Thomas. Apologies for not responding, I have been out on field work and away from the computer. If you are still able/interested in helping with this issue I would appreciate it!
I have made a public copy of the layer here:

https://services3.arcgis.com/ikVUj9YUYY9keza1/arcgis/rest/services/Map/FeatureServer 

I still cannot display any data in the attribute table of the feature layer or the table view of the related table in Arc Pro. I can click on an individual location and see the fields and their entries in a pop-up, and I can look at the tables in ArcGIS Online without issue.
Thanks again for any insights!

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I get the same error you do, and cannot get the original data. Suggest tech support on this one. 

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

check out the field length of some of the fields - 

I wonder if that's a clue?

DanielSulak
New Contributor II

Good catch there. I'm not sure how those came to be given those lengths, but I phoned tech support and they also identified these lengths as a potential issue. I was still able to use the layer as normal in ArcMap, and from there I rebuilt the feature service with shorter length limits and it now works in Pro. Thanks!

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is a field length of 10000000000 a documented limitation? 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The field aliases in your table indicate what Thomas Colson‌ is talking about; there are spaces and at least one special character ( & ).  In Pro, are you attempting the relate to the original spreadsheet or have you used the excel to table tool, converting the spreadsheet into a fdgb table?  If the latter, the tool typically strips the spaces and or special characters out of the field names.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos