Points density

02-22-2020 11:22 AM
AGOL1SMG
New Contributor

hello

i have a map of all our clients adresses.and i'am trying to create a heat map to show clients density and it depends on "retail" field,want it to change when i chose a different retail.i tried creating a raster then applying spatial analyst "points density" but didnt worked i got the density only in a little piece of the map.could someone help with that please

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you mean different types of retail attribute will contribute more to the density? Or separate densities for each type of retail?

0 Kudos
AGOL1SMG
New Contributor

hello and thanks for your answer.we have retails in many cities and we want to know the provenance of our customers for each retail.i have to make a heat map showing density and it should change if i use the filter by retail

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'm still unsure. Please elaborate

0 Kudos
AGOL1SMG
New Contributor

here the map.i've all dots on the map are the customers but i want to show them by density

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

OK, but you did mention by retail type also.

do you mean you want a density raster of all of the locations, then separate density rasters for each of the retail types?

e.g. product 1 - density of all retail

prod 2 - density of supermarkets

prod 3 - density of pet stores … ?

also you want this as a point density and not a kernel density?

0 Kudos
AGOL1SMG
New Contributor

yes i want it as a points density.and our retails are all the same type (supermarkets)

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What was your cell size?

What was the extent of the  data?

Did you specify these values?

Did you do a projection? And if so, did you look at the raster cell projection method?

Don't forget to examine the Environment settings for the tool

Point Density—Help | Documentation 

how it works

How Point Density works—Help | Documentation 

other considerations

Differences between point, line, and kernel density—Help | Documentation 

If you used 'defaults' it is highly likely that the results will be extremely poor if that is the only information you used for the tool.

0 Kudos
AGOL1SMG
New Contributor

i didn't do the projection.i just tried points density using 'defaults'.is the projection really required?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The help file details are important so you have an idea what your density details are.  observations per square degree? does that sound useful to you?

0 Kudos