So fed up. This was so impossibly easy in ArcMap.
I have a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online.
I have ArcGIS Pro.
I add the Hosted Feature Service to a map in ArcGIS Pro by:
- Selecting Add Data > Data in the Layer Group of the Map Tab in ArcGIS Pro
- Selecting Portal > My Content > My Hosted Feature Layer then clicking Open
The Hosted Feature Service gets added to my map in ArcGIS Pro.
I make my edits and update my symbology.
I am trying to push my edits to ArcGIS Online by:
- Right clicking on my Hosted Feature Service in my map and selecting Share > Overwrite Web Layer
- Click Yes to confirm that changes to my current web layer will be lost
- Select Portal > My Content > My Hosted Feature Layer to be overwritten, and click OK
- Click OK to confirm overwriting of Web Layer
- Keep default setting to use description from the web layer
- Enter required tags and summary
- Keep configuration as-is
- Click Analyze
I keep getting the following error:
There also doen't seem to be an equivalent capability to just create a local copy for editing like there was in ArcMap.
Yes, the Hosted Feature Service has editing enabled
Yes, I am the owner
Yes, I am signed into the Portal
Yes, Sync is disabled (which is another mind-boggling limitation that makes no sense at all)
Thanks for your help in advance.