Merge Cells in Report Builder

02-19-2020 09:36 AM
MeredithGreen
New Contributor III

I'm trying to build a Custom Report with a Multi Feature Table type.  It creates an [AreaDesc] for each column but I would like to merge these into one column and it not alter the data below.  Is there a way to do that?  I know if you drag an existing table in, it does it for you but I can't find a way to do this myself.

1 Reply
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Meredith,

I'm not sure if I understood exactly what you're trying to do here but it's most likely that the existing tables you drag and drop probably are not multi-feature type and may be that's why you can't see the [AreaDesc].

The [AreaDesc] is used to identity the description of the site for the variables below. For example:

So if you simply want to display the site information for individual sites, the best option is to use the General data format:

If you still want to create a multi-feature table but don't want to see the area description fields on the top, you can simply clear the cells:

Based on the property of this table, merging the fields will break the report and variables returned for each site. Please give me more details if I misunderstood your question.

Thanks for contacting the Business Analyst Team,

Fasil T.