A dashboard for COVID-19 data

02-18-2020 10:39 AM
DawenXie1
New Contributor II

Just wanted to share with the community a dashboard for COVID-19 data we built using ArcGIS API for JavaScript (version 3.31). The URL is: https://nssac.bii.virginia.edu/covid-19/dashboard

Key features of our dashboard include:

• County-level statistics for USA (click on a State to view), and state/province-level statistics for Canada, Chile, India and Germany;
  • A time slider to view all the historical data;
  • An interactive chart for cumulative and daily number;
  • A visualization of all reported COVID-19 incidence data, filtered by date;
  • A heatmap of a selected attribute (Confirmed, Deaths or Recovered) on an interactive map;
  • A search tool that allows users to filter the data set to specific records;
  • A query tool that allows advanced users to focus on regions of interest;
  • The ability to select regions by clicking on the map; to select multiple regions at once, hold the "command" key on the Mac or the "ctrl" key on Windows while clicking;
  • Sort and export subsets of the data for analysis on external tools.

Let us know if you have any suggestion.

4 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Dawen Xie

Thanks for the awesome map! I am looking forward to seeing a time slider since non of the other ones seem to do this yet. 

Here are some other maps that I have found. It might give you some ideas about what else to include. 

https://maphub.net/Fuuuuuuu/map 

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 

It would also be nice to be able to click on the table on the left and for it to zoom to a region. 

0 Kudos
DawenXie1
New Contributor II

Rickey FiteNoah Sager

i want to share with the community that we have rolled out a version of our tool with a time slider to make it easy to see all historical data. our tool uses JHU CSSE's data before 02/14/2020 and we curate data from tencent.com and other websites after 02/13/2020. for the time slider, there are some small display issues/improvement we are working on now. this is why this feature is on a beta release. please check it out and let us know if you has suggestions, thanks!

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Dawen Xie

Thanks for the update! 

0 Kudos
DawenXie1
New Contributor II

Thanks Rickey, I will give you and community here posted when a time slider is added. Thanks for sharing those 2 maps, I was not aware of the first one and will check it out soon.

0 Kudos