Anthony Bolaños

02-18-2020 11:10 AM
AnthonyBolaños
New Contributor

Where do you work and what is your role?

Hello all! I currently work for San Jose State University, I am an Instructional Designer for the eCampus group here.

What GIS success have you had this year and what product did you use? (big or small - no win is out of bounds)

I'm currently learning how to use the ArcGIS products to provide workshops on the tool here at SJSU. So I have nothing at this point, but will add information as I go.

What is your expertise (GIS related or not), and how can that help the community?

My expertise is music, and video. I have been a professional musician most of my life, and I did a lot of video lecture capture for my previous university at CSU Bakersfield. I also did some lecture video recordings with a California based petroleum non-profit. I hold a B.S. in computer science, information systems, and I am currently working on my Master's in Instructional design. I had started working on my JC degree years ago in the field of architecture. So I had learned how you use CADD and 3d Studio Max awhile back. I want to contribute with my knowledge to the community from my previous experiences.

I am looking forward to participating in this group to learn more about GIS. 

Bonus Round! Post the coordinates to your favorite place on earth.

Current favorite place (until I travel more):

36.3714° N, 121.9017° W

Honorable mentions:

36.0161° N, 114.7377° W

36.1944° N, 115.4383° W

37.3353° N, 121.8835° W

34.1195° N, 118.2963° W

34.1122° N, 118.3391° W

36.2381° N, 121.8162° W

35.129394° N, -120.632545° W

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome to the community Anthony we are pleased to have you join us. We hope that the community can support you in your learning of the ArcGIS product set and help you with any questions you have. There are lots of places in the community that might help you connect with other members with similar needs or shared areas of expertise. Here are a few.

AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction)

New to GIS

Implementing ArcGIS

Education

Esri Training

Your list of favorite places had many great choices but I certainly agree that the California coastline has some very special places and I'd definitely struggle to pick just one!

Good luck in the community and if you need help with using community please feel free to check out the great resources here GeoNet Resource Hub

0 Kudos