Make route evetn layer not working in ArcPro

Jump to solution
02-18-2020 03:31 AM
MáireDolan
New Contributor III

When trying to use the "Make Route event layer" tool in ArcPro 2.4/2.5 I am presented with Error 000211 Cannot create route event source

When I revert to ArcMap it works!!

Any one else have this problem or can help in any way?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If it happening with all data you are trying to use and you looked at the suggestions on ensuring you have an objectid field etc as noted here

Make Route Event Layer—Help | Documentation 

There are also issues on the Support Site

BUG-000125695: The Make Route Event Layer tool and other tools in L.. 

sort by bug and with newst first

https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=make%20route%20event%20layer&content-type=Bugs

If none of those are applicable, you might want to file an issue with Tech Support.

The issue could be with that particular set of data, and that would have to be ruled out first

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
MáireDolan
New Contributor III

Yes I uninstalled and reverted to ArcPRO 2.4 incase it was a 2.5 issue. Still not working

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If it happening with all data you are trying to use and you looked at the suggestions on ensuring you have an objectid field etc as noted here

Make Route Event Layer—Help | Documentation 

There are also issues on the Support Site

BUG-000125695: The Make Route Event Layer tool and other tools in L.. 

sort by bug and with newst first

https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=make%20route%20event%20layer&content-type=Bugs

If none of those are applicable, you might want to file an issue with Tech Support.

The issue could be with that particular set of data, and that would have to be ruled out first

MáireDolan
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan,

I used the "Make Query Table"  tool to regenerate an Object ID and that appears to have worked. 

Thanks again 

LoriEmerson_McCormack
Occasional Contributor

I was getting the 000211 Cannot create route event source error in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 and a coworker in ArcGIS 2.8.3. 

Cause: table contained multiple begin milepost and end milepost attributes with the same alias (e.g. BMP with alias BMP, BMP_1 with alias BMP, and EMP with alias EMP, EMP_1 with alias EMP). 

Note:  I had coped SQL results into Excel (which had many columns named BMP and EMP), and then in Pro I copied the Excel table to my file geodatabase to create ObjectID values.  The duplicate attributes were given _1 at the end, but the aliases remained the same as the original Excel column names.

Solution: Once I deleted the attributes with the same aliases, the Make Route Event Layer tool worked!  (I tried renaming the aliases so that they would be unique, but Pro didn't recognize the changes in the tool).

0 Kudos