Is there a way to embed google street view into an arcgis story map?

Jump to solution
02-18-2020 06:15 AM
EthanChristopher
New Contributor

I'm working on a project involving the gentrification of Nashville, and I would like the take Google's Streetview's feature for showing locations in different years. I was wondering if there is any way to embed Google street view into my story map.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Ethan -- Sure! Just grab the embed code you get from Google and add it to your story using the Embed option. Currently you get the share code from street view by:

1. Click the three dots next to the location name at the top right
  2. Choose Share or embed image
  3. Go to the Embed a map tab
  4. Click Copy HTML

In the story builder, insert an Embed block where you want the street view to appear, then paste in the iframe code you copied from Google.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Ethan -- Sure! Just grab the embed code you get from Google and add it to your story using the Embed option. Currently you get the share code from street view by:

1. Click the three dots next to the location name at the top right
  2. Choose Share or embed image
  3. Go to the Embed a map tab
  4. Click Copy HTML

In the story builder, insert an Embed block where you want the street view to appear, then paste in the iframe code you copied from Google.

Owen Evans
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone confirm that this doesn't work anymore in Classic Story Maps (i.e., Story Map Journal)? It completely crashed my existing story map.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Joel Mathwig‌ -- We're tracking an issue affecting some embeds in classic stories. See more here.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos