Operation Rolled Back error when editing sent surveys with repeats?

02-14-2020 08:23 AM
DaronNichols
New Contributor III

Good morning,

I have created a survey that creates and edits records in a related table. Part of the requirements was to allow the survey to update an existing record that was created in the survey. I have the URL working correctly so all of the information from the previous submission fills in, and I can resubmit with no changes just fine, but if I make any changes at all to the related record (handled as a repeat) I get the submission error "Operation Rolled Back". 

I cannot figure out what the issue might be, as the changes that trigger this can be as simple as changing a number (like a 4 to a 5) or choosing "yes" instead of "no" from choose_one question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you all very much.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Daron,

What version of Survey123 are you using? Also are you using AGO or Portal (what version)?

And does this happen on all devices and different Os, or just one?

Can you share your xlsx file you used to create the survey?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DaronNichols
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

The survey was created in Survey123 Connect 3.7.62, and I am operating it through AGOL.

I am encountering this error through the web form, and have experienced it on different computers.

I'm not sure how to share the xlsx file, but it was created off of an existing feature class, so it may not help much. Right now our workaround is just to delete the related record and re enter it with the updated information.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Daron,

Did you create the survey in Connect? Does it contain multiple repeat sections, and does it have nested repeats?

It sounds as if you are running into some known limitations of editing surveys created in Connect through the web app that contain repeats. 

It would be very helpful to have the survey form xlsx file the survey was created with? You can find it in Connect in the survey folder. And then use the advanced editor when replying to this post to attached the xlsx file.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DaronNichols
New Contributor III

Ok thanks, I've attached the form.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Daron,

Can you confirm if you are using the web app via URL parameters to edit the survey? If so, can you provide an example of the URL you are using, does it contain the ObjectID? How are you launching the URL, from what application?

How did you create the feature service, did you use existing feature service option in Connect based on a feature class you had upload to AGO from Desktop or Pro? All of these are important bits of information to understand how the feature service was created and if it meets the minimum requirements and has correct relationships and settings enabled to allow editing via web app, especially for repeats.

I have asked our team who works on the web app to look into this further with you, but answering the above questions will help greatly.

Phil.

0 Kudos
DaronNichols
New Contributor III

Yes, I am using the web app via URL parementers.

Example : https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/0b42c74c97d6480cbdfb27ee5dc5b20a?mode=edit&objectId=295

I am launching the URL via a popup in simple viewer web app, set up with a web map. the pop up is constructed as follows: 

Popup : https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/0b42c74c97d6480cbdfb27ee5dc5b20a?mode=edit&objectId={objectid}

The feature service was first created in Arc Pro and then uploaded to AGOL, with a layer and related table. from there I used Connect and created the survey based off an existing feature class.

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Daron Nichols‌,

Thank you for the feedback and providing the xlsx form, but I cannot reproduce the issue with surveys published from existing feature service created by the form. It would be very helpful if you could share a testing account so the dev team can access the problematic survey directly. If it's possible you can send it to my personal email zliu@esri.com.

Thanks a lot,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos