"Sending Data" spins and spins

02-13-2020 01:10 PM
AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

We have a survey published to ArcGIS Enterprise and targets an existing feature service.   When I add a new data from Survey123 Windows(Version 3.757), the data posts to feature service just fine, but the screen gets suck in the "sending data" message.  The only way to get out of this is to close and re-open the app.  When I check the log in AppStudio, it shows applyEdit processed successfully.   

Interestingly, if I post data from the web version of Survey123, it does not hang.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to troubleshoot this? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ahjung,

Were you able to resolve this issue? If not, can you provide what version of Portal you are using, and also on what device? Did you get this error on all devices and different OS, or just one?

Can you share the AppStudio console logs you collected in full?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
AhjungKim4

Hi Phil, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Screenshot of the log

I still haven't been able to resolve the issue.   ArcGIS Enterprise version is 1.51, and the testers are using different laptops with Windows10.   We haven't tested on other OS though as our client is limited to using Windows10 on their laptops.  I tested with the latest beta version of Survey123 for Windows and had no problem.  

While I was getting the AppStudio log for you, I noticed the edit was successful, but then it was followed by "Type Error, value is undefined and could not be converted to an object" message.   Screenshot is attached, but I am not sure how I can send you the full log.  Can you please guide me? 

Thank you, 

Ahjung

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ahjung,

Are you viewing the log in the AppStudio Console viewer? If so there is an option to save to text/log file. Please do that of entire log from when you open and use app to getting the send error. You can then attach to this post via the advanced editor and attach file.

You mentioned  ArcGIS Enterprise version is 1.51, but do you know what version of Portal you have, shoudl be like 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5 etc?

And you are saying it works as expected in latest 3.9 beta builds from EAC? We have made changes to network and sending data to make it more robust.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AhjungKim4

Phil, 

I attached the full log to my question.  Portal version is 10.51 (1.51 was a typo).  And yes, it works as expected in the latest beta version. 

0 Kudos
AhjungKim4

Another staff authored a survey targeting a different feature service that is hosted on the same ArcGIS Enterprise.  This survey also shows the same symptom  - submit message never goes away and the progress ring spins and hangs. But the data posts fine.  Their Survey123 for Windows version is 3.6.153. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ahjung,

In looking at the log, I think I see what's going on.  Your table has 2 fields with very similar names, GLOBALID (the layer's globalid field) and GlobalID (another layer's globalid field used in a relationship).  At some point, these two fields are being confused - I see the results of the data submittal succeeding but the gloablid reported by the submittal that should be assigned to GLOBALID inside Survey123 is instead being assigned to GlobalID

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

To follow up on this, how were these feature classes created?  I'm not able to add a field that is the name of an existing field with a change in capitalization via Pro.

0 Kudos
AhjungKim4

Hi James, 

I checked the feature service and there were only one GLOBALID field in the parent and the child table that the form edits.   To summarize the history of this feature class:

- We are tasked to move AGO-hosted feature service to client's ArcGIS Enterprise 10.51.

- We tested the migration in our test environment using SQL database.  Here, global ID field is named "GlobalID"

- When everything has been tested out, we exported workspace XML and delivered it to the client.

- Client imported data to Oracle DB. This changed all field names to be all caps.  Thus, global ID field is  "GLOBALID"

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Thanks for the details, though in that case I'm puzzled why there appears to be 2 different globalid fields mentioned in the code.  Just to check, after the import to Oracle the form was updated to reflect the changes in field names?

0 Kudos