What is the status of deleted named user?

02-07-2020 02:43 PM
Mike_Koutnik
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to understand what happens to an ArcGIS Online named user when it is deleted from our org.  I'm asking because I recently deleted one, and now need to add it back into our org.  But I can't.  It apparently still exists, since I get a message saying it's not available to add to our org.  And I can add that named user to a group. But I have to click on the option search for users that aren't part of our org. Any information about how deleted named users works is appreciated.  Thanks, Mike Koutnik

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

I wonder if it's still stuck on the back end of the organization even though ArcGIS Online is saying it's deleted. I'll private message you now to get more information about your account and take a look at it on my end. 

Thanks,

Luba

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike, 

Looking at the issue again-- can you try the following method to add the user?

Instead of adding a new user, 'Invite members to joins using an account of their choice' and follow the documentation

Invite and add members—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
Mike_Koutnik
Occasional Contributor

Hi Luba, I will try to test this. But I had to do the workaround in the meantime to get the user going.  And I don't want to confuse her with an invitation for another user when she's already working.    Thanks, Mike Koutnik

0 Kudos