Creating a Custom Layout in Enterprise: Need more steps?

Jump to solution
02-05-2020 01:22 PM
ChristopherBertrand
Occasional Contributor

I'm attempting to provide my organization with two things on the maps they print from the Web AppBuilder app they use to access the data, a north arrow (because once it's printed, how do viewers know up is north?) and the organization's logo.  

I've followed the tutorial Share a print service web tool with custom layouts from ArcGIS Pro (Share a print service web tool with custom layouts from ArcGIS Pro—Documentation (10.7) | ArcGIS Ent...).  I think it's all worked out fine except past step 16 it becomes...vague?

The only remaining part that seems like it might apply is:

"The web tool is powered by a custom service in your federated ArcGIS Server site. You can designate this service as your ArcGIS Enterprise portal's printing service. Open ArcGIS Server Manager and locate the service, then copy its URL, including the Export Web Map task, and paste it in the Utility Services dialog box for Printing."

Screen capture of the created tool

What steps am I missing?

How do I make this work with the PrintingTools Geoprocessing Service and the Print widget?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherBertrand
Occasional Contributor

Ok. Finally found the reference I needed. Enabling High-Quality Printing in Web Applications”.  This Esri video leads you through the process that Share a print service web tool with custom layouts from ArcGIS Pro—Documentation (10.7) | ArcGIS Ent....  The demo that leads you through the process starts 24 minutes into the video.  I now have my layouts with logo and north arrow.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristopherBertrand
Occasional Contributor

Ok. Finally found the reference I needed. Enabling High-Quality Printing in Web Applications”.  This Esri video leads you through the process that Share a print service web tool with custom layouts from ArcGIS Pro—Documentation (10.7) | ArcGIS Ent....  The demo that leads you through the process starts 24 minutes into the video.  I now have my layouts with logo and north arrow.