AnsweredAssumed Answered

Geocoding in Pro (woes)

Question asked by jborgion Champion on Jan 31, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2020 by sbritt-esristaff

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3

In my geocoding travels I have discovered a problem with project files.  After several iterations of geocoding tables, the geocoding functionality seems to go south.  That is to say, it slows way down, or something else goes so wrong that I delete the aprx and start over.  It happened to me on a regular basis at my last job where I was developing locators, and now in my new position, I'm about to re-create my project.

Today I have geocoded a few tables with the same locator and got reasonable performance:  Tens of thousands of records per hour, with a 14k record table taking about 9 minutes. Not great, but I'll take it.  Now, I just re-opened the project and tried gecoding a table of about 4K records.  I hit the quit button (three times now) at 100 records per hour....

The locator today is an old style composite on a network drive, not published, and the tables are in an Egdb, writing the  results to a network fgdb.  The same sort of thing happened to me with published locators, and new style locators in a mapped drive.

Shana Britt

Brad Niemand

Outcomes