Unable to run deployed application

Jump to solution
01-30-2020 09:52 AM
AlexAverill
New Contributor

I have been trying to test the deployment process of a QML application that is based off of the default QML project sample.

I can build and run it fine in the editor,but once I go to deploy and test the application I cannot get the executable to start.

I have run windeployqt, and also manually copied over the dll files from the SDK folders.

Winqtdeploy command :

C:\Qt\5.12.4\msvc2017_64\bin\windeployqt --release --qmldir C:\Users\USER\Documents\ArcGis_QML_ONLY_Testing\ .\ArcGis_QML_ONLY_Testing.exe

Additionally I have tried pointing to the \qml\ directory that is generated, and still no luck.

Is there something that I have missed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Do you mean the application opens then immediately closes, or does it open on a blank screen?

winqtdeploy doesn't deploy additional dependencies, so double-check that:

* The SSL libraries (ssleay32 and libeay32) have been copied over to your destination folder.

* The ArcGIS libraries (runtimecore and EsriCommonQt) have been copied over to your destination folder.

If you are trying to deploy something following the ArcGIS template structure, then maybe you need: --qmldir C:\Users\USER\Documents\ArcGis_QML_ONLY_Testing\qml instead of --qmldir C:\Users\USER\Documents\ArcGis_QML_ONLY_Testing\

A third thing to check is that sometimes windeployqt doesn't always pick up all the dependencies it should, you could try adding the following lines: `-core -quick -multimedia -positioning -sensors` and see if this changes anything.

If it looks like a QML issue: I'd suggest downloading Windows Sysinternals, and running DebugView. If you run DebugView while opening the application, check if there is any  "Missing QML package" output in the DebugView.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Do you mean the application opens then immediately closes, or does it open on a blank screen?

winqtdeploy doesn't deploy additional dependencies, so double-check that:

* The SSL libraries (ssleay32 and libeay32) have been copied over to your destination folder.

* The ArcGIS libraries (runtimecore and EsriCommonQt) have been copied over to your destination folder.

If you are trying to deploy something following the ArcGIS template structure, then maybe you need: --qmldir C:\Users\USER\Documents\ArcGis_QML_ONLY_Testing\qml instead of --qmldir C:\Users\USER\Documents\ArcGis_QML_ONLY_Testing\

A third thing to check is that sometimes windeployqt doesn't always pick up all the dependencies it should, you could try adding the following lines: `-core -quick -multimedia -positioning -sensors` and see if this changes anything.

If it looks like a QML issue: I'd suggest downloading Windows Sysinternals, and running DebugView. If you run DebugView while opening the application, check if there is any  "Missing QML package" output in the DebugView.

0 Kudos
AlexAverill
New Contributor

Hello Neil,

Thank you for your suggestions!

For clarification the application would start and then immediately stop.

The end solution ended up being the following:

1. I was missing the SSL library DLL's

2. Adding the -core -quick -multimedia -positioning -sensors

Thank you for the suggestion about the Window Systinternals, I am going to save that for when I run into future problems,

0 Kudos