Display a callout with two arrows ?

Jump to solution
01-29-2020 01:43 PM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Is there a way around to make this callout flip over to the other side.  I want to add one more to show both arrows.

Look at the pink highlight I want to add this with the other arrow in one place...

I created a file geodatabase for 7 different names that I placed it. This one I placed is in between the forest boundary and I have that individual name here that ( i crossed out to prevent exposure the name) He works for a Ranger District.

Problem is that this callout only has one pointer and I was wondering if there is a way around to make it two pointers ?

Let me know if you need any clarify  ?

Dan Patterson‌  ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Actually I just figured it out.... 

Look what I did.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't see anything for two-pronged callouts

Set an anchor point position for callouts—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

just positions for orienting one relative to the side.

Can you overlay one on top of the other?

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

That was I was thinking is to overlay one on the top of the other...

I will try and figure it out.

0 Kudos
JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

We have used the "overlay" method for years for labeling several small transportation projects, unconnected, nearby on another, and having the same unique project number attribute. Three or even four can be overlaid as needed. If you ever do find a such a custom callout, please share.

Our mapping group still remembers fondly how a previous coworker often referred to this method as "just use one of those spidery things!"

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Actually I just figured it out.... 

Look what I did.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so my lame overlay suggestion worked

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Actually, I had to use export to the shapefile from geodatabase that has the annotation.  It takes out from the shape of the rectangle but doesn't carry the annotation over. Then use the shapefile to fix the vertices to snap around the rectangle. Make sure the shapefile is in the back of the Annotation. Ensure the color is the same as the outline .

That is the only way around it works..

I tried to find graphics in Pro like what ArcMap has....but no luck...

So Pro has a long way to go .....

0 Kudos