AnsweredAssumed Answered

When is the next release after January?

Question asked by bhemmer_usfs on Jan 24, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2020 by bhemmer_usfs

While we're, meaning where I work, are happy with some of the updates with this release (What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (January 2020)), there are still some big improvements that have been asked for and have not heard status of or thought they would've been implemented by now. Instead there were some improvements on items I haven't see anyone ask for that made the list this go around. Here are some things that have been asked for;

Bookmarks or some way to navigate more efficiently

This has been asked about numerous times in numerous ways. Examples of it being asked for in one way or another;

Image enlargement

HTML/CSS customization

Ability to edit source code (HTML or CSS) like you can in Journal. This has been asked about multiple times;

There were some nice features added with this release and I can't stress enough how happy we were to find map actions! Along with that being able to change text color, styling options for the narrative panel in slideshow, credits, and being able to share to groups are very nice to see.

The ability to print is a huge leap as well. We're a federal agency that works closely with state cooperators and at the last regional meeting (December) their biggest concern with the new StoryMaps builder was the inability to print. They have users in their states that either have slow internet connections or prefer paper based reports so this will put a lot of that at ease. Thank you very, very much for that!

But there were also things that were implemented over some of these much needed improvements and I couldn't find examples of users asking for them. Some of them include;

• A full-page preview mode.
  • Editing details for embeds.
  • Snap points and leader lines in express maps.
  • Heading formats.

Overall we're happy with the direction these are going in but are rather disappointed with this latest release and are looking forward to the next one to see if some of these improvements will be implemented.

Outcomes