Every third Thursday, every month except June and July, the T3G leaders host a webinar for educators interested in GIS. T3G is focused especially on K12 educators, but as of January 2020, our webinars are open to all educators, regardless of age/subject focus or whether you participated in a T3G institute (2009-2019). Emphasis is on teaching with GIS in a particular discipline, or teaching with a particular tool. Examples might include:
- Teaching <subject or age group> with GIS
- Teaching with GeoInquiries
- Tips and tricks for teaching with ArcGIS Online
- Tips and tricks for managing a school's ArcGIS Online Organization
- Field data collection with mobile apps
- General update on Esri software (especially in August after User Conference)
- Awesome new <data or instruction> resources
We use the Zoom platform, so participants may join via computer, tablet, or smartphone. Access either via web browser or via Zoom app.
- Engage the Zoom app if installed or, in a browser, go to http://zoom.us
- Click "Join meeting"
- Enter room number 599779203
- Identify yourself with full name
Webinars are on the third Thursday of the month, 5:00-6:00pmPT. We record when possible, but sometimes only record the main presentation and not the Q&A time, so try to show up for the full event. See the T3G Calendar for more info. See the T3G Public Webinars archive to browse recordings.
- August 20, 2020 = Summer recap: Esri UC and the 2020-2021 Year
- June and July of 2020 = breaktime
- May 21, 2020: CTE = Career Tech Ed => See the video
- April 16, 2020: Field Data Collection with Survey123 Offline => See the video
- March 19, 2020: Teaching History with GIS Panel => See the video
- February 20, 2020: Teaching Geography with GIS Panel => See the video
- January 16, 2020: GIS in Science Education Panel => See the video