How can I convert Bentley i model (i.dgn) to ESRI File GDB without losing data/attribute information in ArcPro?Tried Data Interopability also, it fetches null geometry/attributes. TIA

01-23-2020 10:49 PM
KSathish
New Contributor II

We have BIM data in bentley i model format (i.dgn). Need to use that data in GIS analysis, so tried to convert that data in ArcGIS Geodatabase featureclass. Used Data interoperability tool in both application Desktop and PRO, results in null attribute and geometry. Any one faced and solved the same problem kindly guide me. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, Data Interoperability extension does not support .i.dgn files, due to licensing issues, please use the FME product.

KSathish
New Contributor II

Thanks bruce, is there any chance to support i.dgn format with upcoming version of Data Interoperability extension?

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi K Sathish, at present the licensing issues seem like a hard limit, so no, we cannot say i.dgn support is planned.  If you have Data Interoperability extension there is a cross-grade product that will add the format, see FME Desktop ArcGIS Data Interop Edition here:

ArcGIS Data Interoperability & FME Desktop Comparison 

KSathish
New Contributor II

Got useful information. Thank you bruce.

0 Kudos