Where can Python API v1.7 be found on Conda?

Jump to solution
01-23-2020 02:52 PM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

I am looking to install the python api 1.7 but conda is only finding version 1.6.  Has the latest version not been officially released on conda or is not compatible with python version 3.7? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How are you coming to the conclusion that 1.7 is not available through Conda?  When I run a simple Conda search of the Esri channel, I see it available:

C:\>conda search -c esri --spec arcgis=1.7.0
Fetching package metadata .............
arcgis                    *  1.7.0                  py36_863  esri
                             1.7.0                  py37_863  esri

C:\>

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How are you coming to the conclusion that 1.7 is not available through Conda?  When I run a simple Conda search of the Esri channel, I see it available:

C:\>conda search -c esri --spec arcgis=1.7.0
Fetching package metadata .............
arcgis                    *  1.7.0                  py36_863  esri
                             1.7.0                  py37_863  esri

C:\>
RichardHughes2

You are correct... I did the search, found the package, and installed it by specifying the version.

What I was seeing what that doing conda install -c esri arcgis it was installing 1.6 and not giving an option to update.  That was happening in the console and in Anaconda Navigator.  That made me think it may not have been officially released.

Thank you for clearing that up.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

python 3.7 isn't supported yet, but 1.7 is available for python 3.6.9

(arcgispro-py3) C:\arc_pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3>conda list arcgis
# packages in environment at C:\arc_pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3:
#
arcgis                    1.7.0                  py36_863    esri
arcgispro                 2.5                           0    esri

(arcgispro-py3) C:\arc_pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3>‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Also... not sure if it is only available for those on ArcGIS Pro 2.5 beta.. (might not be available for Pro 2.4)

RichardHughes2

So I wrote a notebook using the most current ArcPro Jupyter notebook installation and needed to setup an environment outside ArcPro.  I chose python 3.7 Anaconda when downloading so that was where it was looking for the arcgis module.  

Using the command prompt, I did install version 1.7 by specifying, "esri arcgis=1.7.0", into my conda env and my script does work as it did in Jupyter notebook.  I was not sure how running a script exported from a notebook would behave, but it works as expected so far.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Richard Hughes‌, if your issue is resolved, either mark a response as Correct or mark the thread as Assumed Answer to close it out.

0 Kudos