AnsweredAssumed Answered

Split Tool Issue in Editing ArcGIS PRo

Question asked by pjordan@drcog.org on Jan 23, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2020 by pjordan@drcog.org

In the past it seemed splitting a polyline segment while clicking on the line took a very long time.  That at least seems to have been fixed and is now very fast which is great.

ISSUE 1

I'm having is an inconsistency of using the split tool by using the dashed construction line rather than just clicking on the polyline itself in case I wanted to split a polyline in more than one segment or if I wanted to split 2 polylines at different spots at the same time.

Using this split construction dashed line it seems to sporadically work.  Sometimes doing exactly what I want, other times, just splitting the polyline in one of the 2 or more places I select or sometimes not splitting at all and still saying it was successful.

I've tried using both the "Allow splitting without a selection" and with it and no difference.

ISSUE 2

Another issue is if I two polyline segments that meet at an intersection and only one polyline needs to be split (for example one is a road that is named something and the other is a road that has different names on either side of the intersection) that I can't seem to select the correct line to split.  Pro just seems to randomly select one of the polylines and splits that.  Again, I've tried using the "Allow splitting without a selection" on and off and it still doesn't matter.  How can I split only one polyline I want and not the other at an intersection?

Images

Issue1a.jpg - Example of a single polyline where I want a single split to be

Issue1b.jpg - Example of a single polyline where I want it to be split in 2 spots

Issue1a.jpg - Example of 2 polylines and I want to split only A and not B, however when hovering over the 

intersection, it shows Line will be split and not A.

Attachments

Outcomes