getting Z-information from a raster dataset / mosaic to points

Jump to solution
01-21-2020 09:41 AM
ThomasU_
New Contributor

Hello.

before telling my problem/question here are some information. I am working with ArcGis Pro.

- I transformed many raster datasets into a mosaic (one single raster dataset). The raster includes z information.

- I have a railway track with points every meter along the track.

Now I want to add Z information for these points of my railway track. Every Raster/mosaic point accross the map is about 25 meter apart the other.

The Problem is, when i add the z information to the railway track points, only the points which are very near to the points of the raster are getting the z-information.

How can I get the z-information from the raster to my points of the track? Is there a option to interpolate the altitude inside the raster? Or any other possibility to add a z-value?

I also tried to create a TIN but this doesn't work.

(I will put a picture in the attachement, for a better understanding of my problem)

Thanks a lot for helping me solving this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hey Thomas,

Try converting the individual rasters to points.  Then use the Interpolate Points tool to create a raster dataset.  It should interpolate the empty area between the points.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hey Thomas,

Try converting the individual rasters to points.  Then use the Interpolate Points tool to create a raster dataset.  It should interpolate the empty area between the points.

ThomasU_
New Contributor

Thank you very much!! It worked.

0 Kudos