I am a young intern working with as a GIS analyst...

Jump to solution
01-20-2020 02:59 AM
Labels (1)
Joe_PraiseMbagwu
New Contributor

hello, I am a young intern working with a fibre optic company as a GIS analyst. I discovered the professional exams, and I'll really want to take a professional ESRI exam to be the best I can be. I saw some things as regards having up to four years of working experience with ArcGis, which I don't have. Please how can I go about this to achieve my desire. Moreover, someone already sponsored me by giving me the money for the exam, and he'll be back by march, and will expect returns from me. At the moment, I'm lost, please how do I get to take the exam in the best way possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Joe Praise Mbagwu,

Looking at the Esri exams available I would suggest you start with a Desktop Certification, https://www.esri.com/training/certification-find-exam/desktop/, either at Entry or at Associate level.

The number of years of working experience is not a strict requirement, but just a recommendation.

You have got some experience from your studies and your internship, and you can extend your knowledge by study, study, study, study...

Esri offers some learning plans with online resources to prepare for the exams - see links below.

Good luck with the preparations! Please make sure you pass the exam of your choice in one go.

Best regards,

Egge-Jan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Joe Praise Mbagwu,

Looking at the Esri exams available I would suggest you start with a Desktop Certification, https://www.esri.com/training/certification-find-exam/desktop/, either at Entry or at Associate level.

The number of years of working experience is not a strict requirement, but just a recommendation.

You have got some experience from your studies and your internship, and you can extend your knowledge by study, study, study, study...

Esri offers some learning plans with online resources to prepare for the exams - see links below.

Good luck with the preparations! Please make sure you pass the exam of your choice in one go.

Best regards,

Egge-Jan