AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't create a new offline locator that works with ArcGIS Runtime

Question asked by igor92128 on Jan 21, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2020 by PMaske-esristaff

Hello,

I am trying to create a new offline locator for use with a Xamarin app, and I was following this guide: 

Offline geocode | ArcGIS for Developers 

The example works great in my code with the provided san-diego-locator.loc locator, but whenever I try to go and create my own locator and plug it into this example, I get:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISRuntimeException: 'Invalid response'

I have tried creating a few different new locators with different styles and style releases. I have tried known working locators as well, but can't get it working. I have tried to look at the san-diego-locator.loc but weirdly it doesn't even appear as a valid locator in ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro crashes whenever I try to get information on it. When I look at the locator XML files to compare, they look completely different:

Snippet from what I created, these alias tags make up most of the XML:

<alias_def>
                        <alt>05647</alt>
                        <alt>5647</alt>
                    </alias_def>
                    <alias_def>
                        <alt>04354</alt>
                        <alt>4354</alt>
                    </alias_def>

Snippet from example, made up of completely different tags:

<tr>
        <td id="L24500" class="blob-num js-line-number" data-line-number="24500"></td>
        <td id="LC24500" class="blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line">          &lt;<span class="pl-ent">alt</span> <span class="pl-e">ref</span>=<span class="pl-s"><span class="pl-pds">&quot;</span>_blvdbyp<span class="pl-pds">&quot;</span></span>/&gt;</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td id="L24501" class="blob-num js-line-number" data-line-number="24501"></td>
        <td id="LC24501" class="blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line">          &lt;<span class="pl-ent">alt</span> <span class="pl-e">ref</span>=<span class="pl-s"><span class="pl-pds">&quot;</span>_blvdcir<span class="pl-pds">&quot;</span></span>/&gt;</td>
      </tr>

Any ideas would be appreciated. Any clues on how the locator in the example was made? I am also using Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.Forms version 100.7.0 in my Visual Studio project.

Thanks,

Igor

Outcomes