Geoprocessing Tool Publishes with no Task

01-17-2020 06:51 AM
DanaThompson1
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I am trying to publish a tool I created in ModelBuilder. I've run it successfully in ArcPro, the Analyze section under the Sharing Pane gives me no warnings or errors, and I get a job status update saying I have successfully published. However, when I try opening the tool in Map Viewer, the dropdown is completely blank.

When I go to the REST services page and click on my tool, it shows that I have no tasks associated with it. Can anyone help as to why my model is publishing with no associated tasks? This is the second tool I've published (and from the same project), but the first had no problem with this.

Tools Model Uses: Select Layer by Attribute, Append, Calculate Field, Summary Statistics, Join/Remove Join, and Delete Rows. One Parameter for the selection. 

Thanks for any help.

Dana

4 Replies
TedHallum
New Contributor II

I'm having almost this exact same problem, except that I'm experiencing it with a Python Web Tool (didn't use ModelBuilder).

Just like the OP's experience, the Python tool runs fine in ArcPro, the Analyze section under the Sharing Pane gives me no warnings or errors, and I get a job status update saying I have successfully published.

Also just like the OP, when I go to the REST services page and click on my tool, it shows that I have no tasks associated with it.

Any insight from the community to help remedy this issue would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Dana ThompsonTed Hallum‌ can you explain the versions you are using of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise? 

The only case where I have seen this happens if if there is a tool inside of your script or model that has a fundamental change in Pro that isn't available in Enterprise. For example, say a new parameter was added to one of the tools in Pro 2.5, if you are publishing to an older version of Enterprise such as 10.7 it will have no knowledge of that new parameter and problems will ensue. Analyze does have checks for new tools and new parameters, but sometimes changes are more subtle and slip through the cracks. 

There are also some basic compatibility rules between versions of Pro and Enterprise when it comes to web tools: Web tool compatibility—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation . 

If either of you would be able to provide your model/script with a sample of the data you are using as input, we can try to debug the problem further. Email dflater@esri.com , I can get you set up with a cloud share to upload data if it is too big to email.

0 Kudos
GinoMellino
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Was there any resolution to this? I am having the same issue as OP but, like Ted, am publishing a python web tool.

ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
GinoMellino
Occasional Contributor

Hi Again All, 

Just wanted to share my experience overcoming this issue in case it is useful to anyone in the future. As Drew suggests above, for me it was an incompatibility issue between ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1. I also tried publishing from Pro to our standalone ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 and the same issue occurred. The workaround for me was to use ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1 to publish to our stand-alone ArcGIS Server 10.7.1; this produced the geoprocessing server and the tasks which are now running perfectly in a geoprocessing widget in a web app. 

Massive thank you to Drew Flater for troubleshooting this with me and setting me on the right path to a working web tool!

Cheers, 

Gino

0 Kudos