PDFs From ArcPro asking to save non-existent changes

01-16-2020 01:57 PM
deleted-user-5BRpeMtjqhS6
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that PDFs exported from ArcPro always ask if I want to save changes (despite no changes being made).  The Save message from Adobe reads "Do you want to save changes to "xyz.pdf" before closing?".This happens with PDFs that were generated manually (via Share->Export Layout) or generated from Arcpy's exportToPDF. I have tested that this doesn't happen with PDFs generated from ArcMap, and I don't see any settings in the online documentation that might prevent it. Have even tried some Adobe-specific fixes, but to no avail.  

This gets to be very tedious and frustrating over the day. Has anyone dealt with this, and if so, have you found a solution?   MentioningJeremy Wright  here, as I've seen him chime in with helpful advice on a couple of PDF-related threads

All the best,

Ken

Layout—ArcPy | ArcGIS Desktop 

Solved: Acrobat asking where to save a file EVERY TIME - Adobe Support Community - 10028845

exportToPDF (out_pdf, {resolution}, {image_quality}, {compress_vector_graphics}, {image_compression}, {embed_fonts}, {layers_attributes}, {georef_info}, {jpeg_compression_quality}, {clip_to_elements}, {output_as_image})

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

It looks like you answered your own question?  This happens with Acrobat Reader, but with Acrobat Pro it will not ask to be saved.  

0 Kudos
LonnyRussell
New Contributor

I get the pop up in Acrobat XI Pro.

0 Kudos
marieducharme
Occasional Contributor

Did anyone find solution to this? It is very annoying on my end and on clients end as well, since they are prompted to save non-existing changes. 
It happens with Reader, Pro, DC versions

0 Kudos