Roads and Highways ALRS Redline Properties

01-16-2020 12:29 PM
anayoung
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have been following the Esri LRS Data Model documention for 10.7 but when I create the ALRS in an offline gdb, the Redline feature class M and Z values are created unchecked.  The documentation says that the Redline must be Z enabled and cannot be M enabled; however, I cannot change these properties because the option is grayed out. 

LRS data model—Roads and Highways Desktop | ArcGIS Desktop 

What is confusing me further is that the documentation for Deploying Redline Routes for 10.7 (Deploying redline routes—Event Editor for Roads and Highways | ArcGIS Enterprise) states that the M and Z values must be disabled. We currently use Event Editor but haven't really started to utilize Redlining.

I'm not sure if these two pieces of documentation are speaking about doing the same thing or are different.

Should I simply delete the created Redline feature class and create it manually? If so, how should I set the Index properties? Below is a screen shot of what was automatically generated when I created the ALRS:

Below is a screenshot of the Redline Z and M value and Indexes settings in our current production database:

(Notice both Z and M values are enabled)

Thanks,

Ana

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

Ana,

I am not sure as we don't currently use the functionality but I would recommend posting at https://community.esri.com/groups/roads-and-highways-user-group-rhug as there is a few states/users that do use redlining and can probably help answer your question. 

0 Kudos
anayoung
New Contributor III

Thank you, Ryan.

0 Kudos
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

Hello Ana,

Although there seems to be some ambiguity in our docs, the redline feature class should not be M or Z enabled if you choose to use route redlining in the Roads and Highways Event Editor. To resolve your issue you could create a new redline feature class and replace the old one. In order to make this GDB feature class swap you'll want to be sure there are no services running that contain the current redline.

Thanks,

Amit@esri

Roads and Highways Practice

anayoung
New Contributor III

Thank you, Amit.

Your explanation clears up my confusion.

0 Kudos