Location Allocation Results are Not Permanent

01-15-2020 12:31 PM
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

I have been running Location Allocation analyses in Pro 2.4.2. When I closed the project for the day and reopened the next, all of my analysis tables were not found by Pro. The first time, there was a lock icon next to the analysis name and the next time I tried to open and close a new analysis, I have the exclamation point saying to repair the source. It's pointing to a temporary gdb in my Local/Temp file. How can I make the results permanent? I don't see where to tell the analysis where to store the data. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

In Pro, click on the left most option on the top called "Project". This will take you the backstage. Then click on the "Options" and it will bring up a popup with the current project settings. One of these will be the "Default geodatabase". Make sure this points to your project default goedatabase. Also, click on the "General" option and make sure the create project settings for Project Location and Geodatabase are set up correctly.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jay, but those options are set correctly.It's not using my default GDB. The analysis GDB is being placed in C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\ArcGISProTemp3612\scratch.gdb. Another one I did is in ArcGISProTemp11608. However, I just browsed to that location and those folders do not exist. It seems like the analysis is only created temporarily and then discarded.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Take a look at one more place, on the Analysis tab, click on the Environments button. It will show the location of current and scratch workspace. Maybe you need to update the location of the scratch workspace. Also, I am not sure why your projects are pointing to temp location. Are you creating a new project from scratch or from a template? if it is from a template, it could have these settings in it.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

The current and scratch workspaces are set to the db for the project I set up, which I made from scratch, not a template. Perhaps it's time to call up support. Thanks.

0 Kudos