Symbols

Jump to solution
01-15-2020 11:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to download or create your own symbology for ArcGIS Pro? I'm doing a Bats project and would like to use bats as the symbols. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hey Sasha Michano

Depending on weather your symbol is for a point line or polygon, the process can be slightly different. Hopefully I'm guessing right that your symbol is for a point because you want to use bats. The steps to achieve your desired affect are as follows: 

1. Under the Points Symbology, click on Symbols Properties. 
  2. In this view, next to the symbol select the format type you want to using the drop down menu. In your case potentially either shape or picture. 
  3. In the same view select File. This should then allow you to choose and upload your symbol you have created for use in ArcGIS Pro.  I've included a screenshot of both picture and shape marker properties. 

For a full description covering Scaling and Sizing head to Create or modify symbol images.  I hope this has helped answer your question. 

Shane

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hey Sasha Michano

Depending on weather your symbol is for a point line or polygon, the process can be slightly different. Hopefully I'm guessing right that your symbol is for a point because you want to use bats. The steps to achieve your desired affect are as follows: 

1. Under the Points Symbology, click on Symbols Properties. 
  2. In this view, next to the symbol select the format type you want to using the drop down menu. In your case potentially either shape or picture. 
  3. In the same view select File. This should then allow you to choose and upload your symbol you have created for use in ArcGIS Pro.  I've included a screenshot of both picture and shape marker properties. 

For a full description covering Scaling and Sizing head to Create or modify symbol images.  I hope this has helped answer your question. 

Shane