Arcgis 10.6.1 to 10.7.1 Upgrade - Failed to get administrator token from Portal. Please verify that the Portal URL specified can be accessed successfully

01-14-2020 01:36 AM
ThomasIllingworth
New Contributor III

Hey Folks 

Hope everyone is doing well!

I am currently trying to upgrade our enterprise deployment from 10.6,1 to 10.7.1 using the following guide Upgrade your ArcGIS Enterprise portal—Portal for ArcGIS (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS Enterp.... I have upgraded the portal component without any issues and licence it without any issues. However when trying to register the new web adaptor I am getting the following error "Failed to get administrator token from Portal. Please verify that the Portal URL specified can be accessed successfully". I've been into the portal admin via the machine and port number and found a web adaptor was still registered is that normal? I have removed the adaptor in question and are still getting the same error above. Have cleared all browser caches,checked IIS etc all looks to be in order. 

Any thoughts on anything i can try feeling really stuck?

Web Adaptor error page admin token

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Thomas Illingworth

Is the portal web adaptor installed on a separate machine to portal? Are you able to navigate to the portal home page using the URL specified for the web adaptor in same browser session? Just want to ensure web adaptor can successfully resolve the portal URL. I would also recommend taking a look network traffic when you hit 'configure'. What response comes back from the portal?

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos