AGOL App Public Security

01-10-2020 09:20 AM
AlexandreHughes1
New Contributor II

I am working on a sensitive topic using either the Crowdsource Polling or Reporter template. One of the major issues with these applications is the ability for the community to input a large number of malicious responses.

What can I do about this?

Can I --

• Track a guest-login unique ID?
  • Limit the number of responses by any ID to one every so-many-seconds or minutes?
  • Track IP and refuse input if they are not 'local'?
    • I would love to somehow limit the responses to locals in the area but I can't find documentation on this
  • Generate unique links to the app that are a one-time use?
  • Limit a user to one response?

Please let me know! I am looking into the webapp developer edition because there may be some form of json or arc py code I could use to accomplish these aims but I'm not sure if this is necessary at this point.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cross-posting this to ArcGIS Solutions‌ & ArcGIS Configurable Apps‌. I know that a lot of what you are looking for could be accomplished with Survey123 for ArcGIS‌. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alexandre,

As Peter mentioned, Survey123 can record the username of the person filling out the form (provided they have logged in).  What are you referring to when you mention a 'guest login'?  The main way we would encourage the user of a data collection application in a semi-known user environment is through ArcGIS Hub.

There can be rate limiting in certain circumstances for a feature service; the 'Limit Usage of secured services' section of ArcGIS Server web services—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation  provides some details on this.