I'm experiencing a non-monotonic route issue in R&H

Jump to solution
01-09-2020 08:16 AM
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

I did a realignment this past fall and have since learned that the section of centerline ended up generating a monotonic route.  I've called support and what they talked me through doing hasn't helped.  I'm about to just nuke the route and draw again...  but I'm afraid it'll happen still.  I've tried recreating the centerline in that spot, but that didn't work either.  Tried Generating Routes again, and that didn't work.  I'm out of ideas and really need to get this solved/fixed asap.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

So I tried to use Delete Routes so that I could just recreate the offending route.  I couldn’t get it to work on the route.

And I got told of another route that had NaN measures.  I used it on that route with no issues (Delete Routes) and recreated it which fixed the NaN measures.  It had calibration points that were correct.

Seeing those points, I went and checked for any calibration points along the 01010DIN084 spot that I was having issues and noticed at least half a dozen or so that were not in any real order for the measures – think that’s what was causing my issues and ended up removing those calibration points only (left all the others on that route alone).  After rec & posting and having the business users look at their data at that spot, it looks like it’s been resolved.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nicole,

Do you mean a non-monotonic route was created or did you get a monotonic route with incorrect measures?

0 Kudos
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

Yes?  LOL the measures are incorrect, and I can run detect non-monotonic and it'll just grab the small section that was realigned.

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

How did you create the centerline, drawing new geometry or copy/paste from a cad file or other data source?

0 Kudos
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

Copy pasted from cad into the redline feature class so that I could make sure everything looked good before bringing into centerlines.  That's the method I use for every case.

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

It might make sense to take a look at the edit log record for this edit to see exactly what was recorded from a measure standpoint.

0 Kudos
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

OK, what date would I look for?  This was a future dated change that has sense come active.

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

I would search by RouteID first to narrow down the records, then find the one with the date that matches the time slice you're seeing.

NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

OK, found that - there's only one, and activity type 7.  

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

You'll need to right click the blob field to see the actual measure information that was recorded for the edit.

0 Kudos