Explorer for Windows crashing when attempting to download offline area

01-08-2020 07:53 AM
MartyHollas
New Contributor

Using the latest version of Explorer for Windows through the windows store, I am able to log into our portal instance and see the offline areas we generated. These areas are working in Explorer for IOS (latest version) and Collector without problems.

When we try to download the areas with the Windows 10 version, the download appears to start, but the application crashes. Relaunching the application shows nothing has downloaded and the behavior repeats itself. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JustinColville
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Are you using "Download defined offline areas" or "Define and download an offline area" (Download maps—Explorer for ArcGIS | Documentation)?

Can you tell me a bit about the map (layers, basemap, etc) and the security model used by your portal?

Explorer has a log file that is located in C:\Users\<YOUR_WINDOWS_USER>\AppData\Local\Packages\Esri.4378442FBC3A7_eytg3kh68c6a8\LocalState\Logs ("C:" is the drive where Windows is storing user data, generally "C" and "<YOUR_WINDOWS_USER>" needs to be replaced).  This log might have some indication of what has gone wrong.  Would you be able to share the log with me.

If you like you can send me an email directly at jcolville@esri.com

0 Kudos