AnsweredAssumed Answered

Confused by Related Tables on ArcGIS Online

Question asked by twu_dangermond on Jan 7, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2020 by PKlingman-esristaff

Hey everyone. I'm working on a project that heavily relies on related tables and spans nearly two decades of data. I know that you have much less flexibility once you've already published those related tables within a GDB in ArcMap into ArcGIS Online (we are really only working within AGOL now).

I'm a bit confused about the whole reordering related tables records issue -- so for one thing, we are not able to reorder the way related tables are sorted (they are based on when the relationship was created), which I understand.

However, what about the records within the related tables? How are they automatically sorted? They don't seem to be sorted by the first column, and I can't seem to change it. Within each related table there is a field that identifies a site location, and with each site location there are a bunch of observations with time stamps. I'm trying to order the records based on time stamps so that each site location shows the observations in chronological order, however that's not happening (i.e. one site shows three observations as: 10/31/19, 10/12/19, 10/26/19, which you can see is not in chronological order). Can someone please help me understand this issue and potentially how to fix it? Thank you.

Outcomes