Problem installing Indoors - Pro must be installed with "for everyone option"?

01-06-2020 05:39 PM
AllenRisley
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to install ArcGIS Indoors for Pro and the installation with an error message that states that "ArcGIS Indoors for Pro requires ArcGIS Pro 2.4 installed with the for everyone option".  I have ArcGIS Pro 2.4 installed but I don't know what the "for everyone option" is and I can't find any reference to this option in the online help.

What is the "for everyone option"?

Thanks,

Allen Risley

GIS Analyst

California State University San Marcos

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Allen,

Not familiar with ArcGIS Indoors but it may be referring to the installation context, whether it's per-machine (all users) or per-user. This is a operating system concept and the users are Windows, not ArcGIS Pro.

By default, the per-machine option is selected but will require administrative rights. See step 4 for installing ArcGIS Pro:
Download, install, and authorize—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Cheers,

Chris

AllenRisley

I have administrative rights on the machine.  There was no prompt to enter an admin password during the installation of Indoor.  How do I change this "everyone" setting?  

Allen

0 Kudos
TomSöderberg
Esri Contributor

This "option" needs to be selected at the very beginning of the installation - it'll surely ask for it. If you have Pro already installed otherwise, I assume you need to do uninstall to it and then reinstall. As this, files are also installed in different place on the disk.

BR,

-Tom

0 Kudos
AllenRisley

Great.  I'm trying to uninstall Pro so I can reinstall Pro using the "Everyone" setting but the Windows installer says that Pro is not currently installed.  Yet, there it is.  Looks like a call to Esri support is in order.  This Indoors application had better be good...

0 Kudos
TomSöderberg
Esri Contributor

Yeah, I understand a Windows installation can be a tricky   ...

However, this is what should be selected at the very beginning of the ArcGIS Pro installation ...

Also, depending naturally on your company security policies, as a user, you might or might not have the required privileges to do installations - if not, I suggest you to contact the admin.

BR,

-Tom

0 Kudos