Display ID in Results Window Different in Windows vs IOS

01-03-2020 08:25 AM
MarietteShin
New Contributor III

I have side-loaded Explorer for ArcGIS onto a Windows 10 machine, and I also have the latest IOS version of Explorer downloaded to my IOS IPad.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Windows 10 version honors the Display Field ID in the Search Results Window for my MMPK, as I configured it for a layer from within ArcGIS Pro 2.4. In comparision, the IOS version only displays the actual Search string for each of the results in my Results Window.

For example, in my IOS version, when I search for a system of Corrosion Test Stations (e.g. RWSP1234), each of the returned results display the searched for system ID (RWSP1234), instead of the unique field IDs that I've configured them to display from within ArcGIS Pro (e.g. CS-1234). Therefore, from the Results Window, I cannot tell the difference between the different result items.

However, in your Windows 10 version, the same search honors the unique IDs of the Corrosion Test Stations (e.g. CS-1234), as I have them configured in ArcGIS Pro.

We need the IOS version to do the same thing. I have already worked with an ESRI Tech Support representative on this issue, and he logged the issue under requested enhancements. However, that was before I discovered that the Windows 10 version already has my request working.

I downloaded the new IOS version 19.1.0 today, but discovered that it doesn't yet fix this issue. Do you know when we can expect to see the same functionality in the IOS version of Explorer for ArcGIS?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
0 Replies