Is there a way to limit Living Atlas results to the area of interest of you project?

Jump to solution
12-30-2019 07:53 AM
AndrewBivins
New Contributor III

I struggle sometimes with living atlas giving me data for areas that are no where near the area I am working in within ArcgisPro?  I am looking for an easy way to filter results or any option based on the current area of interest in your project not the entire world.  It is a great feature and I would like to explore it more but have data show up for somewhere in Africa when I am looking for Texas specific data does not help.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Andrew - yes there is.  If you use item fields, click on the Living Atlas icon in the Catalog Pane and type a item field such as tags:Texas - hit Enter.  Then only the Living Atlas items that have a tag of Texas show up in the results.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Andrew - yes there is.  If you use item fields, click on the Living Atlas icon in the Catalog Pane and type a item field such as tags:Texas - hit Enter.  Then only the Living Atlas items that have a tag of Texas show up in the results.

0 Kudos
DianaLavery1
Esri Contributor

Yes, if you're working in ArcGIS Online, you can apply a filter.  This blog post walks you through a few ways to do that: Apply Filters to Make Living Atlas Layers Work For You 

-Diana

0 Kudos
AndrewBivins
New Contributor III

You both have good points but in AGP when you do the Texas search you only receive items with Texas in the meta data or title.  That search leaves out a ton of different image and data sources such as NAIP imagery, roads, population, water data to name a few.  It wold be great if Living Atlas had an option to only show features that cover the extent of your mapping project. 

0 Kudos
DianaLavery1
Esri Contributor

Ahh, I understand now.  I personally haven't found a way to do this in Pro yet, but in ArcGIS Online, you can do this while searching for layers from within the Map Viewer by toggling on the "only show content within the map area" option:filter Living Atlas search results by only showing content within the map area

AndrewBivins
New Contributor III

That's exactly what I am looking for in AGP!  

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Andrew - it seems you're not alone in wanting a better way to filter Living Atlas - there's a GeoNet idea here.

0 Kudos