Pop ups not working in Arcscene & Storymap

12-19-2019 11:04 AM
MuhammadSyed
New Contributor

Hi, I am having following issues with the pop-ups dialog box in the Arscene and Cascade story map.

• When I click on the particular feature (point) in the ArcScene the pop-up dialog box appears but showing the wrong sequence of attributes, and FID which I don't need. However, this issue is happening only with one layer. I have another layer and that is showing the correct sequence without FID. 
  • When I try to open the pop up dialog box in the Cascade story map, it does not even appear. Again the issue is just with one layer. The second layer pop-ups are working absolutely fine in the story map. 

Please suggest how can I solve this issue. Thanks you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- I'm sorry you are having an issue with your web scene. Since there is a problem in the scene when viewed outside the story it seems this is an issue with the layer or the scene rather than something caused by the story map template. I'll move this post to the 3D‌ space since it's more likely someone will be able to help you there. If you are able to share the web scene with everyone and provide the link, I think that would help others help you troubleshoot this issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
MuhammadSyed
New Contributor

Thanks very much Owen. Here are the link:

Web scene: Scene Viewer 

Story map: utoronto.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=ce70b0c8f46145ea86bc4bb8104d5a0a 

Just to reiterate my point. If you look at the pop-up in the web scene, its seems to be working fine, but when I try to use it on story map it does not appear as it should be - this issue is only happening with features of one layer (i.e. completed projects). 

Thank you for moving this to the 3D space. Hopefully someone help me find the solution.   

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Muhammad, 

This is not an expected behavior for popups, and we're looking into this issue.  Thanks for letting us know! 

Phil

0 Kudos
MuhammadSyed
New Contributor

Hi Philip,

Thank you. Look forward to the solution. 

0 Kudos
VeronikaLanders
Esri Contributor

Hi Muhammad

could you please save the required popup configuration on the problematic layer (Completed) e.g. via the Visualization tab on the layer item (Item details—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation) and let me know if this solves the issue?

It could be that popup configuration is currently not consistently applied by default / as expected. I'll work with the teams to further investigate and improve this in future.

Thanks,

Veronika

0 Kudos