ArcGIS Pro Startup Errors

12-14-2019 10:53 AM
PhilWeilnau
New Contributor

I'm having difficulty starting ArcGIS Pro. I purchsed a Personal Use license and have access to download ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro. I downloaded, installed, and activated ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1 using the supplied Single Use authorization number. All the related software appeared to behave as expected. I then downloaded and installed ArcGIS Pro 2.4. When starting ArcGIS Pro, I first attempted to sign in using my ArcGIS Online credentials. I received the following error message: "Your account could not be used to authorize ArcGIS Pro because it is an ArcGIS Public Account." After some research, I determined that I may need to authorize ArcGIS Pro with a Single Use license rather than a Named User License. I attempted this, using the same authorization number that I used in the ArcGIS Desktop installation (it's the only one I have), but I received another error message: "All requested features have already been authorized on this machine." However, the Licensing dialog that I'm returned to indicates otherwise (see attached image Licensing_dialog.png). What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Phil,

By default, ArcGIS Pro uses Named User license from ArcGIS Online.  You must activate your subscription before setting up your ArcGIS Online organization.  Doing so will provide the option to assign Pro licenses to your ArcGIS Online members.  In your case, you've created a public ArcGIS Online organization.  Without activating your subscription, there is no option in the public organization to assign Pro licenses.  Follow the instruction in the link below to activate your subscription.  

Set up an ArcGIS Online organization—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Contact Customer Service if you can't find your activation email.  

You also have the option to convert your Pro Named User license to Single Use licenses.  This can be done in MyEsri.  Go to my.esri.com > Organization tab > Licensing > Convert ArcGIS Pro Named User Licenses and follow the wizard to convert Pro Named User licenses to Single Use licenses.  Once completed, you can use the resulting Single Use license to authorize ArcGIS Pro Single Use.  

0 Kudos