ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail

12-15-2019 05:31 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to publish a GP service with Arcpy, but always getting ERROR 999999 when staging the draft. Below are what I'm doing:

1. publishing the GP service to Enterprise manually

2. get sddraft from staging folder, by default: 

...\ArcGISPro\Staging\SharingProcesses\000x

3. stage sddraft with python

arcpy.server.StageService("input_sd_draft","output_sd" None)

The error is thrown out at this step.

if above executed in Pro python windows, it works... but not in python command line and my standalone script. So seems not from python library or environment. 

probably you would ask why doing publish with the script again after successfully publishing manually.. Doing the release task, the generated SD would be used in other environments, e.g production.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Minbin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Minbin,

Is it possible for you to insert the script that you are using?

And could you list a bit more about your IDE?

From what you have provided I would be looking into issues with either the arcpy call in the script or in the version of Python that is being called when run in the command line/IDE.

Thanks,

Michael

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

A late response.

Before the Xmas break, I've escalated this to Esri inc through our support channel. The latest response I've got this morning, they can reproduce this at their end. This probably a bug, but will post the confirmed response as soon as i have. 

Cheers,

Minbin

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Minbin,

Thanks for the update.
I am keen to find out what is causing the issue as I have just encountered something similar on a clients site.

Although in my case the Server version is very old.

Thanks,

Michael