Open Survey123 from AGOL vs Collector on Windows

12-12-2019 03:06 PM
JulieMikolajczyk4
New Contributor

I am using a custom URL to open Survey123 on Windows with the GlobalID and other key fields filled in already. After some trouble with the registry, the application opens fine using these two workflows: 1.) Collector (online) -> Survey123 and 2.) AGOL -> Survey123. However, the linked GlobalID field only works when AGOL is the starting point. I've attached screen prints. The other fields fill in as expected, but GlobalID remains blank, which causes problems for the related records. In the Survey, the fields that are _parent are notes, and WELLGUID is the foreign key.

Here is a snippet of the url:

<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=f8a153e4d0954c8b864d12f4434a4e43
&amp;field:GlobalID_parent={GlobalID}
&amp;field:WELLGUID={GlobalID}
&amp;field:WELLID_parent={WELLID}
&amp;field:RECHARGE_parent={RECHARGE}
&amp;field:TYPE_parent={TYPE}

Thanks for any help you can give!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julie,

Are you able to copy the hyperlink from Collector in Windows and paste it into Notepad - this is to see if the GlobalID is present in the link?

Linking in the Collector for ArcGIS‌ for help as well, as the issue is when the link comes from Collector.

0 Kudos
JulieMikolajczyk4
New Contributor

Hi, James. I'm not sure how to copy the hyperlink from Collector (there are no context menus with a right-click and I can't copy anything but the text itself - "Enter reading in Survey123"). I read this post about the issue with curly braces, but your later posts say this is fixed: https://community.esri.com/thread/207564-survey123-converting-characters-to-code?commentID=761251&et....

Is there a known workaround I could implement? My GlobalID_parent field in the survey is a note, so I expected that to at least accept the field contents even if there is an issue with case as in GlobalID in lowercase from Collector to Survey123 (Windows tablet).

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Julie

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Julie,

One alternative that you could try for testing is to use

https://survey123.arcgis.com/<Form ID>?open=native&REST OF YOUR PARAMETERS....

That would open in a browser and then open the app- you could see the URL in the browser then.

0 Kudos
JulieMikolajczyk4
New Contributor

This is generated from Collector (IE is our browser default on our computers and can't be changed).

https://survey123.arcgis.com/?open=native&field:GlobalID_parent=%7BGlobalID%7D&field:WELLGUID=%7BGlo...

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Thanks Julie,

It looks like the GlobalID isn't being applied in the parameter string - %7BGlobalID%7D is {GlobalID} encoded for a URL.  Can you double check the field name (not alias) - I notice that the rest of your field names are uppercase...

0 Kudos
JulieMikolajczyk4
New Contributor

Jame, that was exactly the problem. I'm used to working in MS SQL and this is an Oracle database - Oracle must make fields all caps by default. Thanks for helping identify what was ultimately a simple solution.

0 Kudos