Geocode Service Publish Failure

12-12-2019 07:16 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen the behavior where when trying to publish a geocode service to arcgis server the process just runs for about 5min followed by a "failed to publish" message. But wait there's more...the geocode service actually appears to have published on the instance of server, there are arcsocs running for the service, the service is listed in the server manager interface, and single-line input returns accurate results.

I'm just wondering if its a network issue and desktop never receive the proper message back from the server and times out, thus thinking it has failed when in reality it did publish. 

desktop 10.5.1

server 10.5.1

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JacobSnyder1
Esri Contributor

Hi Dave,

Does this happen as part of any other publishing process (i.e. with Map Services, Feature Services, Geoprocessing Services) when publishing to this ArcGIS Server site? Would you be able to provide the full error message that is encountered within the desktop application that you are using when publishing the Geocode Service? Also, have you tried querying the ArcGIS Server logs after the error message is encountered?

0 Kudos