ArcGIS Solutions cannot modify domains for Portal Hosted FS

12-12-2019 06:04 AM
PeggyFung
New Contributor II

I have installed the ArcGIS Solutions add-in to ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2, so that I can modify the domain of my hosted feature service on ArcGIS Enterprise Portal 10.6.1.

Here are my steps:

1. In ArcGIS Pro, I add my HFS to a new map from My Content (this confirms I am signed in as the owner)
  2. Launch ArcGIS Solutions
  3. Click 'Sign in to ArcGIS Organization > Finish
  4. Click 'Configure an ArcGIS Solution' > Next Step > Skip (do not need to add any new fields)
  5. In the 'Modify Domains' window, I select the layer from the drop down list > this loads the fields in the 'Field's drop down list. However, I get a red X in the Input Layer or Table saying Error Unable to connect to the Hosted Feature Service (see attached)

I am not sure why I am getting that error - I even tried in step 4 to add a field and it successfully added a field, so it shows that it was able to reach out to the hosted feature service.

I also repeated the same steps for an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service, and I was able to successfully run the tool to modify domains.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Peggy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndreaFagan
New Contributor II

Peggy, did you ever figure out why this was happening? I'm having similar issues modifying an existing domain for a deployed solution using the deployment tool tools. I'm getting a different error but my hunch is that they're related. I can add new fields, add a new domain with new values, but I can't modify an existing domain in a solution. It tells me (via server logs) that the service.../mapserver can't be found. The tool points to the feature server and I can't change that... I'm just not understanding what's happening. Thanks!

0 Kudos