Failed to Submit - undefined: FIDs must not be negative

12-10-2019 06:45 PM
MichaelBrown4
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a workflow where field workers collect Locations, Samples and Sample Conditions in the field using Collector and Survey123.  I have a workflow designed for them using Operations Dashboard and Survey123 where they can review and edit the Samples and Sample Conditions in a Web Form.

There are one to many relationships from Location to Samples and Samples to Sample Conditions.  This service is published to Portal with a registered database.  I believe our Portal is running 10.6.1.  All the data is archived with GlobalIDs and has the parameter Supports ApplyEdits With Global Ids equal to true.

The web form has the Sample table and a repeat section for the Sample Conditions table.  When using the Web Form to edit or add Sample Condition records, I get an error that states "Failed to Submit - undefined: FIDs must not be negative".  If the user does not edit anything in the Sample Condition and only edits the Sample fields of the form, it will submit just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Mike

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Can you please share the xlsx file you used to create the survey in Connect? This will help investigate the exact issue based on the configuration of the form.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MichaelBrown4
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the reply.  I updated my original post to include the XLS form as an attachment.

Mike

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I took a look at your xls form and see that your form has a repeat section and an image question. If you are editing the existing record via the web form URL parameters, there are some known limitations if you are using Enterprise (Portal) which are documented here Edit existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation. You can also find more information in this blog post: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/05/24/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-editing-re....

Editing of surveys in the web form via URL parameters does not currently support surveys with nested repeats or support surveys with image questions if using Enterprise (Portal). And if using the Data tab in the Survey123 website, the editing of surveys with single repeats (not nested) is not supported as well as with images if using Enterprise.

If you are using AGO, you can edit surveys with images via both the web form via URL parameters and the Data tab in the Survey123 website. Surveys with nested repeats in AGO however can also not be edited via Data tab. I tested your survey published to AGO and was able to successfully edit it without any changes using web form URL parameters, confirming the problem is that you are using Portal and images in surveys for editing is not supported.

Whilst reviewing your survey, I also noticed the the bind::esri:parameters you have set for the begin repeat are incorrect. It should be query allowUpdates=true allowAdds=true (you currently have query allUpdates=true allAdds=true).

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MichaelBrown4
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your detailed reply and review of my form, very much appreciated.  Understood on the issue being Enterprise (Portal).  Also, thanks for the note and clarification on the bind::esri:parameters, it was never clear to me if the query was needed or not and that helps a lot.

Thanks again,

Mike

Dannyvan_Kempen
New Contributor II

This error can also be caused if there is a new query in the database and the if the users of the survey123 still have the complete list. Without any refresh of the inbox, you will get the "FID"  message if the record is not more available in the database.

Existing featureclass

0 Kudos