AnsweredAssumed Answered

eSearch Query

Question asked by Jeremy.Wolff_qgsp on Dec 10, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2019 by rscheitlin

Hi, I am trying to find out how it would be possible for users to query a spatial layer using the code name for each area by using three different expression values. 

The data is relevant to ecosytems and vegetation and looks like this: 

ecosystem typeveg1veg2veg3Landzone
1.5.1/2.5.11.5.12.5.1null5
2.2.22.2.2nullnull2
2.2.2x1a2.2.2x1anullnull2

1.5.1 represent three values for Bioregion.Landzone.Vegetation types 

Sometimes the vegetation type has an extention number:

1.5.1x1a 

I am only trying to let people be to query on the dominant vegetation type which is the field veg1 and always the first veg type.

Bioregion has only 12 values so my first expression value is Start with (predefined values) : (1.,2.,3.,4. and so on with labels such as 1. North West Highlands, 2. Gulf Plains and so on. 

My second expression is the Landzone with only 12 values as well which I have predefined in the same way.

Both expression seems to work great for the first values: Bioregion and Landzone.

However I have difficulties creating an expression for the third number: vegetation type. I was wondering what would the community suggest, perhaps using an SQL code that would force the query to look at the last number and return all the extention types as well?

I have tried to predefined values with End with expression all the vegetation type numbers as (.1%) so that if the user types (vegetation type 1) the they will get the vegetation type 1 areas and all the extention that they don t know about as well. But that also returns features like  2.1.3 and 2.3.11

It would be great if there was a way to add an expression with an SQL that will allow the user to search for the dominant ecosystem type by being able to search vegetation type (the last number) and juste type a number from 1 to 50. And if they typed 1, it would be great if they only get values that end with .1 and .1a, .1b .1xa..  and not .11.

screenshot

Thanks for you help, 

Jeremy

widjets sql  enhanced query feature query 

Outcomes