I am trying to do the online training on Living Atlas. When I go to Living Atlas I see over 3400 items. When I click on any of the filters it says there are no items found that match my criteria. Is there something in my setup that is wrong?

Jump to solution
12-10-2019 03:42 AM
DouglasChappelle
New Contributor

This is a screenshot of what I get.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LauraBowden
Esri Contributor

I'm glad you were able to find a solution. It could be that the admin account is set up differently. Usually when I encounter something like this I look for a "clear search" or "clear all filters" button to make sure there aren't any leftover filters. It's interesting that you still saw a different number of total results than I did. Not sure why... but I will keep in mind the possibility that different users can see different results. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying the course and finding it useful.

Laura Bowden

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LauraBowden
Esri Contributor

Hi Douglas,

I am one of the course authors. I'm not sure what is wrong. However, when I first go in to the Living Atlas tab, I see there are 8212 items, while you say there are over 3400. Before I click anything, the Environmnet category shows 1887 items available, and Earth observations shows 291 items. Is that what you see? I'm wondering if there is an unintended filter turned on or a keyword in the search box, which is limiting your results? 

Here are some other suggestions to try. After each one, see if anything shows up when you filter.

1. Make sure no stray filters are turned on. Click "clear" to clear the filters, and click the X to clear the search box.

2. Try clearing your browser cache and then reloading the page.

3. Try using a private or incognito browser window.

4. Try using a different browser.

5. Verify that your admin has not limited the ability for users to view outside content. (For example, do you get any results at all if you do a search of ArcGIS Online and toggle off "Only search in <your organization name>"?

Laura Bowden
DouglasChappelle
New Contributor

Thanks Laura.

I've just tried logging in as an ordinary user rather than using my Admin account and I can filter the content in that account although I see about just over 6000 items. 

It could be that my Admin account is set up differently. It's probably not a great idea to be using it for normal use anyway. 

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
LauraBowden
Esri Contributor

I'm glad you were able to find a solution. It could be that the admin account is set up differently. Usually when I encounter something like this I look for a "clear search" or "clear all filters" button to make sure there aren't any leftover filters. It's interesting that you still saw a different number of total results than I did. Not sure why... but I will keep in mind the possibility that different users can see different results. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying the course and finding it useful.

Laura Bowden
0 Kudos